Perhaps one of the most successful careers in a Party Plan company was many years ago, but I had to mention it to illustrate how you can change your career, life and the people around you with nothing more than EXCITEMENT!
Having difficulty recruiting, I asked a seasoned rep how she was having so much success. She replied with the bolded word above - Excitement! Deciding to put this theory to the test I chose to go to my next show brimming with as much excitement I could muster. Now of course I also went filled with tons of knowledge on the recruiting package(s). To my amazing surprise I actually recruited 3 Ladies that night!!!
Hard to believe? Without a doubt this and more is possible but only if you are informed, honestly enthused and able to express your recruiting info in 3 consecutive ways.
- first, you need to create an easy to read and understand hand out.
- second, you need signage that can put a slightly different spin on the old recruiting talk ( eg: remind people this can be a part time biz or you can travel or sell in what area or if doing parties is too daunting then they can do catalogue shows, online shows, basket shows for short impromptu coffee shows, etc.)
- third, the best way to explain the recruiting program is a two part session where you visually display what they get in their kit and (using funny money) what they can earn. Then open up to any questions the guests may have.
- two alternate ideas you can use - Start the conversation by asking 3 questions. How many women know other women, is there anyone they know (and including their self) who could really use an easier way in life, do you have enough money for all the travel and nice things in life?
- use a referral program that either pays people nice credits to buy from you or actual money.
That week I experimented with excitement and it really paid off for me as I went on to recruit 12 Ladies that week. Now not all shows can get that many recruits nor all weeks be that successful but envision the possibilities you can attain with a little bit of excitement!